Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sitting on Dogs

Where the heck has the summer gone? It'll be August in a couple of hours and I have yet to sit and relax!! The summer has been great so far. We started dog sitting in early June and haven't really stopped till now. We have only been home a week and a half for the whole summer. It's been AWESOME!!! We've made several trips with the teens from church...that's always fun. They definitely keep us on our toes. We counseled at camp for a week. GVBC never let's us down. And finally, our good friend from college came to visit us this weekend. We took her to Eureka Springs and had her chaperone a teen event today to Lambert's. I'm still digesting that food. When you stay this busy time really flies. It's nice, but not at the same time.
Since all of our dog sitting days are over (for the time being) we are going to be heading back to the place we have to call home. It'll be nice to sleep in our own bed, for sure, but we're going to lose a lot of the serenity...and maybe sanity. *sigh*
My brother turned 25 this year...crazy. And I just found out he's got a lady friend. A very cute one at that. Don't tell him, but I'm already planning a wedding in my head. :) My mom won't admit it, but I know she is too.
I have a vacation for 2 weeks till school starts but I'll still be sitting on kids to earn an extra buck. I'm currently also trying to get a part-time job in the elementary schools. So be praying about that.
Me and Scotty are exhausted from doing so much so hopefully the month of August will be slower. Who knows.

1 comment:

Megan Gunderson said...

It feels productive and glamorous to be talked about on someone else's blog. Has it already been 2 weeks since I was there? sheesh

You should get a ClustrMap for your blog. It shows where in the world all your blog visitors are from. My Alaska one has collected 6 continents over the past 1.5 years. Just click on my blog's map and follow the link.