Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Banana Bread

For those who don't know, it's has snowed like crazy in our area! I think we got somewhere between 20 and 25 inches. The last time I remember seeing snow like this is when I lived in Norman, OK and the snow was as tall as myself (I was 4). I'm currently a little freaked out about the roof caving in. Scotty texted me as he left for work this morning and said to stay down stairs because he was hearing creaking and popping. Not good. It has stopped making those scary noises, so I'm hoping it's okay now.

Since we've been snowed in I decided yesterday I'll make some banana bread. The problem I have now is that I want to eat it....ALL. I've kept it in the kitchen and didn't bring it back to our little domain so that I wouldn't be tempted. But I can't stop thinking about it. I ate a lot of it yesterday, and I think Scotty's dad nibbled on it a bit....but I know it's down there....speaking to me. It's taking all my will power not to pig out.

I've been trying to fill my time with crafting instead of eating. I did a little bit yesterday with what little supplies I have here. I want to do more though. I should have taken pictures of what I did so that this story could be a lot better.

Scotty was able to stay home yesterday since his office closed. It was so nice having him around! When he started to get bored he wanted to go play in the snow. I DID take pictures of that, but they're on his phone. I'll post them later. The story won't be as funny without them.

Update on Granny. She's still in the hospice house. She constantly has visitors, which just goes to show how loved she is! She has her good days and bad days, but we were told it won't be much longer. So keep the family in your prayers for the next few months.

I also have another prayer request. Scotty's younger brother (Trey) is going through some pretty serious personal/marital issues. To protect him that's all I'm going to say, but please ask God to give him wisdom and strength.

If you also got snow this week stay safe out there and protect yourself from the freezing temperatures!! For now....I'm going to eat another slice of banana bread. It's a problem, I know.

No comments: